Tan Tao University aspires to become a globally distinguished educational institution providing excellence in education, participating in the advancement of knowledge through research, and serving the peoples of Vietnam, Southeast Asia, and the world.
With an educational philosophy, standards, and practices based on the American liberal arts model of higher education, Tan Tao University encourages freedom of thought and expression and seeks to foster tolerance and respect for diversity and dialogue. It aspires to produce individuals committed to creative and critical thinking, life-long learning, personal integrity and civic responsibility, and leadership.
In order to fulfill its mission, Tan Tao University has adopted the following principles:
- Establishing a university campus, university facilities, and a university faculty equal to those found in top-ranked US institutions, including accreditation by one of the eight college and university accreditors recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation of the United States of America.
- Dedication to both top-notch research and excellence in teaching.
- Conformity to all laws and requirements established by appropriate entities of the government of Vietnam.
- Establishment of a “need-blind” admissions policy, seeking to admit the very best students regardless of their financial circumstances.
- Seeking to provide financial assistance to all admitted students up to the level of their demonstrated financial need.
- Striving to be recognized as a model for access to higher education in the region and the world, Tan Tao University will pursue a vigorous policy of connections with other outstanding global universities.