What should students do when the locality needs a student certificate if there is no confirmation of admission?


In 2022, the Ministry of Education and Training launched a completely new university admission process which lasted longer than every year. While many localities have now required students to submit student certificates to consider the suspension of military service in 2023. This causes confusion for students when still I don’t really know if I passed or not.

Before 5:00 p.m. on September 17, new schools will announce the results of the first round of enrollment. Then, from September 16 to before 5:00 p.m. on September 30, all students must confirm their admission online on the system. Therefore, up to now, all students have not officially entered the university.

Meanwhile, in many localities, the People’s Committee has sent notices requiring students to send the school’s confirmation letter to the Commune Military Command with the deadline of September 15 or even earlier. But according to the new regulations of the Ministry of Education, schools cannot issue certificates to students until the end of September 2022.

So what should students do?

Given the current reality, if the candidate receives a notice requesting to submit a student certificate from the local military service council, the candidate needs to write a request for a temporary suspension of military service and send it to the military command.

In the application, students need to attach the decision 1683 dated June 17, 2022, of the Ministry of Education and Training, approving the plan to deploy the university enrollment in 2022 so that the military command can understand the information by the end of September 2022, students can be confirmed for admission.

Students should note in the application that they must commit to the time when the military service will be suspended and when they will supplement their documents (the university’s admission confirmation letter).